▪ Are we fooling ourselves when we find meaning in mitzvos? Modernizing Our “Stone-Age” Tenets. And even when we find meaning, a Conservative rabbi argues, we have to look beyond our personal benefits: When Judaism is All About You
▪ The story of this long-lost language that is so helpful in biblical studies: Cracking the Ugaritic Code
▪ Friday Nights at the Kotel
▪ Two assessments of Chief Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks’ legacy:Jonathan Sacks’s intellectual legacy, The Rabbi in the Public Square. But don’t write those eulogies too soon because he is still making news and shaping public policy: David Cameron must do more to encourage marriage, warns Chief Rabbi Lord Sacks
▪ Zionism we all can agree on: Yemeni Jews secretly airlifted to Israel
▪ The seven years of plenty are over: Antwerp haredi schools forced to choose between censorship and subsidies. And not just for Charedim: Schechter of East Brunswick Closes Three Weeks Before School Starts. The bad decisions we made in setting up our educational systems are finally coming home to roost.
▪ This is the kind of issue the media sensationalizes and exaggerates. But the basic plotline rings true to me: 300% increase in complaints of discrimination against Sephardic girls
▪ We discussed this issue recently: Rabbi Ariel: ‘Banks are the Last Place to Borrow Money From’
▪ R David Brofsky explores Minhagei Elul and Hilchos Rosh
HaShanah: link 1, link 2, link 3, link 4, link 5
Submit a Response
You must be logged in to submit a response.